Tuesday 5 February 2013

Last of the Meheecans (I mean crazy people)

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen! My name is Daniel and I will be taking you on a journey today (and for a while yet!) through the land of crazy people. It's not so inhabited any more, there are only a few left here, they're the last of them and there seems not to be any coming after them. This place is in a book I'm going to read and tell you about, during these coming weeks. It will be amazing and I shall have lots to say about what I'm learning from the novel. Would you believe that the last novel I read was no good? Cause it was (good).

I chose this book cause I was told to, plain and simple. SWIM decided that this book was the bee's knees and that since he was reading it, I should too. The story sounded interesting and I hope to learn what the novel is about, that's pretty much it. I was told there is a revelation in the middle of it, I'm looking forward to reading that very much. 

I'm making an inquiry into how this story relates to things I am interested in, such as science, politics and current events.

2 comments:

  1. ok. I'm really going to hold myself back here and not "google" it. Does "Mohican" really mean "crazy people? I guess I'll find out soon. So do you always do what SWIM tells you to? I hope you find some relevance in the novel to your specific interests; but if not, perhaps you'll find it to be relevant to your learning about the world around you. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Last of the Meheecans' is the title of an episode of South Park where the children are playing a game with one team being the Mexicans, but they say and spell it Meheecans. It's making fun of the more famous "Last of the Mohicans." SWIM is Someone who isn't me. And is an acronym used on websites where people are talking about nefarious activity, in fear of being caught. It's kind of silly. I don't know what the actual inquiry Im making is yet.

      Delete