Thursday 7 February 2013

Group Project, Optionally a Group Mark, We choose Idiocy

Ms. Kwan gave us two options for a marking scheme for this novel study. Each week, one person does the social media marketing for our blog and project, and each week everyone gets their own mark. Basically a week by week individual mark for each person. You only get marked for the weeks you are active. The other option is for everyone's mark to be dependant on everyone else's work and mark for each week. If one person slacks then everyone gets screwed.

OBVIOUSLY students should not want to be dependant on other students work habits. Obviously, it's a bad idea to be tethered to a 1000 pound man, whose thrown into the ocean with a pair of concrete shoes. Yet when given the option my classmates chose that option. I can't see the benefit. AT ALL. There is nothing better about being dependant on other people for them to do their work when you could get a much better mark just by doing well yourself. What the hell is wrong with these guys. Out of 30 kids only 4 or so voted for the individual marking system. This is why we need a meritocracy.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you're ideas. Have some integrity. I'd rather get marked individually for the marks that I deserve rather than getting marked with a group and get the mark that I don't deserve. It's kind of like cheating. I'd rather fail than cheat because it's what I deserve. Also, one person can do all the work for lazy people and the lazy people will still get good marks! Not fair, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree because I find it that people tend to let me down whenever I am in a group for a project. It seems unfair that we have to suffer for the mistakes of our member. That being said, since the decision is made up we all should try our best as a group

    ReplyDelete
  3. So in the end, what do you think? Did it work out Daniel? I hope it did, in my group I felt bad for Ari since I had a numerous tests crammed in the past 5 days and Tom had alot of work (actual work)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to ask the same question as David^ It seems like your group members are all pretty dedicated, how did the group work go?

    ReplyDelete